I Miss My Meatloaf!
Meatloaf is one of my favorites and I miss it! I got some ideas from some friends, went shopping, and experimented. Before I started keto, I made meatloaf about once a week. But lately, I felt like I was missing out. Meatloaf normally has tons of carbs because it contains ketchup and bread crumbs. I substituted the bread crumbs with crushed pork rinds. Also, I substituted the ketchup with the sugar free type. So, I decided to try to make my own keto meatloaf recipe. It’s a very keto friendly recipe and pretty budget friendly as well. Try this easy recipe and let me know what you think. It’s my first try so I am very much interested in criticism.
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar free ketchup
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Pork rinds (crushed into crumbs)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- grease the loaf pan with cooking spray
- mix ground beef with crushed pork rinds, eggs, and cheese.
- Shape the mixture into a loaf
- Bake for 30 minutes
- top with ketchup
- return to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes until fully cooked or internal temp reaches 160 degrees
- If the meatloaf is full of fat, drain or let it sit until the meat soaks up the fat.
This recipe turned out pretty good. But honestly, you can’t really go wrong when it comes to meatloaf. I know there are a few things I want to add next time. (garlic, onions, etc.) Also, next time I will add more ketchup. So you may want to experiment with that. Let me know how my keto meatloaf recipe turned out for you! I will definitely be using recipe again soon.