I have been missing spaghetti on my keto journey lately, so tonight I made something comparable to it. It is almost a spaghetti casserole (no noodles). I was trying to think of something that I could substitute the spaghetti sauce with. Something a little more keto friendly. I used tomato sauce with some seasonings. Also, I like to have ideas for meals that don’t take too much time or effort sometimes. I will list the recipe that I used, but I think next time I will try adding more cheese. That is something worth experimenting with. It turned out great anyway though. I like how cheap and easy this meal was. I liked it with my Parmesan crisps on the side. It gave the meal a nice crunch.
- Ground beef (1 lb)
- Tomato sauce (6 oz)
- Shredded cheese ( 1/2 cup)
- Garlic salt
- Onion powder
- Italian seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Brown ground beef in cast iron skillet.
- Add tomato sauce, and seasonings. (amount would be preference with the seasonings)
- Lower heat to medium low for about 5 minutes to thicken sauce.
- Add shredded cheese and move to oven, and bake until cheese is completely melted.
Again, I may add more shredded cheese next time, probably double. Otherwise, It tasted amazing. Hope you like it!
This meal went really well with the parmesan crisps. I found mine at Aldi.
Don’t forget to check out my other blogs!